FIGMENT offers an alternative to the traditional art scene in Derby, using interaction and collaboration as tools for wild creativity, and being completely free and open to the public. For information about our 2016 event in Derby, please visit our Event page.
Remember to bring anything that you might need for the day.
There will be a first aid kit , baby changing facilities and toilets at Derby Silk Mill.
- Picnic food, snacks and drinks. There will be no food on site to purchase but there are shops and restaurants within walking distance. We will provide our fabulous, volunteer-made FIGMENT picnic blanket.
- Weather protection: Please be prepared for our UK weather and bring sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses or your umbrella or raincoat in case of rain.
- Toys: Sidewalk chalk, kites, hula hoops, water guns… anything that you want to play with or invite others to join you in!
- Any necessary medications.
- Costumes: FIGMENT is the perfect time to play make-believe (for both kids & adults!)
The following items are PROHIBITED at Cathedral Green – please do not bring them:
- Glass containers
- Cars (there is nearby parking available)
- Anything that is not legal to have in public in Derby
BRINGING YOUR ART
We invite you to bring your art, performance, or artistic endeavors — and hope that you will take advantage of FIGMENT as a creative outlet for your work. Please note that you cannot bring anything that needs to be staked into the ground, be connected to a power source, plotted on the map, or scheduled for a stage or performance area unless your project is pre-registered with FIGMENT.